Monday, June 20, 2011

I did it my way Pizzelle






I have added extra ingredients for this recipe so I named it I did it my way...lol
Anyway they come out really crispy, but I have learned that you can't put too much of the dough on the iron or they will come out too thick. So you would have to try a few to make sure you are not putting too much of the dough.


1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
3 eggs
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 tbsps anise extract
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tbsps milk




In a bowl whisk the eggs and sugar, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add melted butter, vanilla and anise extract and whisk until blended.


Add half of the flour by folding into the egg mixture, then add the other half do the same and add the baking powder until blended.


Heat the pizzelle maker, spoon about 1 tablespoon of the batter onto the center of pizzelle maker and close the lid tight. cook until golden brown. When cooled dust with powered sugar, keep them in a air tight container.


You can also shape them while they are hot into a cup or cone and fill them with your favorite filling.



~~~Copyright 2011~~~This material may not be published, rewritten or redistributed.



No comments:

Post a Comment