3-4 pounds corned beef flat cut
6 potatoes peeled and cut in half crosswise
1 cabbage cut in small wedges
2 onions cut in wedges
5-6 carrots peeled and cut to 2-inch pieces
1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
1-1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
dash of ground black pepper to taste
1. Remove corned beef from package and rinse under cold water.
2. Place it in a large enough pot and cover it completely with cold water.
3. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about one hour
4. Poke the corned beef on both side with a fork add paprika and garlic powder and simmer for about 1 1/2 hour.
5. Add potatoes, onions and carrots, simmer for 20 minutes then add the cabbage and simmer until all vegetables are tender.