Friday, October 1, 2010

LinKev's Chicken Soup Recipe


My husband wanted me to make homemade chicken soup. He always likes plain food that's how he grew up.
So when I made the chicken soup I only boiled the chicken with bones then I took the bones out added a little salt carrots and celery and that was it. Well one day I decided to make it my way, he kinda didn't like the idea that I spiced it up but when he tried my chicken soup, he never went back to the old chicken soup.
Ingredients:

2 1/2 pounds of boneless skinless thighs (about 10 pieces)
6 Knorr chicken bouillon cubes
1 Knorr beef bouillon cube
2 stalks celery chopped small 
8 oz. of baby carrots cut small
1 tsp onion powder
1 and 1/2  tsp paprika
1 tablespoon garlic powder

dash of black pepper to taste
water
olive oil to drizzle 
Directions:

Add water to a big pot then add the chicken make sure it covers the chicken 3 inches over, cook for about 30 minutes if you notice that there is white foam on top remove it with a slotted spoon. 
After 30 minutes remove chicken with a slotted spoon and place it in a bowl and let the chicken cool. Lower the heat and add the bouillon cubes, garlic powder. onion powder, paprika and black pepper. Meanwhile cut the celery and carrots and add to the pot by now chicken should be cool, shred the chicken and return it to the pot. 
Simmer for about 20 minutes or until carrots are tender. 
When done drizzle a little olive oil on top and then stir.



Serve with egg noodles and Pillsbury buttermilk biscuits.


No comments:

Post a Comment